Aeron Chairs (HERMAN MILLER) Buy online from Chairbox
Aeron Chairs are unique seating solutions providing comfort and safety through advanced design for good seating positions for any shape or size of person. The chair design anticipates the body's movement to provide all the support that is required.
The Aeron Chair design is clearly identifiable and is now an extremely popular design in the workplace. The Aeron Chair is sourced from Herman Miller.
The Aeron Chair from Chairbox provides a natural, custom fitted lower back support below the belt line for a healthier posture and outstanding lower-back comfort.
- It has a high back contoured back that takes weight off the lower spine.
- It is easy on the arms with wide, soft armrests are sloped in the front.
- It has a waterfall front edge reducing pressure under the thighs so circulation isn't restricted.
- It has a strong Pellicle suspension system distributes weight evenly over the seat and back.
- It has form-fitting and conforms to each person's shape and minimizes pressure.
- It allows air to pass through the Pellicle, the sitter stays cool and comfortable.
- It provides a smooth ride. The kinematic tilt lets people move naturally and effortlessly, from forward-leaning through reclining.
- The backrest and seat pan move in proper relation for correct support in all positions.
- It is responsive so that whether the user is in motion or at rest, the chair spontaneously supports the preferred posture.
- The chair blends both classic and contemporary influences for a unique appearance that fits in wherever it's used.
- Three unique Pellicle weaves in a choice of neutral colors coordinate with lighter-scaled contemporary environments.
Innovative Work Stool
- With its Pellicle suspension, Kinemat tilt, and PostureFit option, the work stool matches the work chair's performance
- Provides foot support. The height-adjustable Fine-Tune foot ring moves up and down with the seat pan; once properly adjusted, it is always at the right position.
- The work stool offers the same finish and Pellicle choices as the work chair.
Herman Millers Design Story
Herman Miller turned to its experienced designers Don Chadwick & Bill Stumpf to design a totally new kind of chair. They began this development process with a clean slate, and no assumptions about form or material, but with some strong convictions about what a chair ought to do for a person.
- Ergonomically: It should actively intercede for the health of the person who sits in it longer than she should.
- Functionally: It should support a person in any position he cares to assume, at any task his office job serves up.
- Anthropometrically: It should do more than accommodate small or large people; it should really fit them.
- Environmentally: It should be sparing of natural resources, durable and repairable, designed for disassembly and recycling.
The Aeron chair design fulfilled these criteria and shattered some of them. It wasn't upholstered or padded. It was dimensioned in three models that looked exactly alike and. It didn't look like any other office chair and its revolutionary concept incorporated more patentable ideas than any previous Herman Miller research program.
"It was a deliberate design to create a new signature shape for the Aeron chair" says designer Bill Stumpf. " Differentiation was a huge part of the Aeron design strategy, and it remains one of the critical aspects of Aeron's success.
Says Bill "The human form has no straight lines, it is biomorphic. We designed the chair to be above all biomorphic, or curvilinear, as a metaphor of human form in the visual as well as the tactile sense. There are no straight lines to be found on an Aeron chair.